Costa Rica possesses an exceptional flora and fauna which despite its small territory, represents 6% of the world’s biodiversity. Of the recorded 140 species in the country, 23 are venomous. In Costa Rica, the production of anti-venom is a key concern that rallies researchers and laboratories. One death from a bite is estimated every 3 minutes. It is therefore a great concern to develop affordable and effective anti-venoms. Emilie and Marie-Pier enter one of Costa Rica’s reserves. They are going to meet up with a team of scientists from the Clodomiro Picado Research Institute. Venom kills but could also save us.
- Genre: Science
- Length: 52'
- Director: Emmanuel Descombes
- Broadcaster: Ushuaia TV, RMC Découverte, Ici Explora
- List of episodes
- 1. Costa Rica: How to cure with...
- 2. Polynesia: Unique underwater
- 3. Alberta: following dinosaurs
- 4. Iceland: Climate, what impact...
- 5. Hawaii: Earth's twin sister
- 6. Chili: Looking for life on Mars
- 7. Tasmania: Save the Tasmanian...
- 8. Ontario: Dark side to the univers
- 9. Vietnam: feeding 9 billion people
- 10. Reunion Island: Volcanos