Piton de la Fournaise, on Réunion Island. It’s one of the most active volcanoes in the world and one of the privileged places of observation for volcanic activities. The observatory constructed at its peak is visited by the most experienced volcanologists, allowing them to try to face the challenge of eruption prevention in the best way. But be careful: as elaborate as the laboratories equipment are, it’s only by difficult ascensions, expeditions in narrow faults or records near burning fumaroles that scientists can force the volcano to yield its secrets. Those Piton sentinels, share their daily life with Emilie and Marie-Pier for a week. Still, in their mind, this nagging question: will the volcano get angry?
- Genre: Science
- Length: 1 x 52'
- Broadcaster: Ushuaia TV, RMC Découverte, Ici Explora
- List of episodes
- 1. Costa Rica: How to cure with...
- 2. Polynesia: Unique underwater
- 3. Alberta: following dinosaurs
- 4. Iceland: Climate, what impact...
- 5. Hawaii: Earth's twin sister
- 6. Chili: Looking for life on Mars
- 7. Tasmania: Save the Tasmanian...
- 8. Ontario: Dark side to the univers
- 9. Vietnam: feeding 9 billion people
- 10. Reunion Island: Volcanos