Everyone knows that current global warming has an impact on our climate. We already observe more cyclones and droughts all over the planet. But global warming also has less known consequences in the longer term. It’s going to generate a geologic activity more turbulent than it is today. According to experts, more volcanic eruptions, more earthquakes, more tsunamis are anticipated. There is then a very strong link between climate and tectonic activity. Less known but still menacing disasters are on the increase because of global warming: glacier outburst or jokulhaup in Icelandic.
- Genre: Science
- Length: 52'
- Director: Emmanuel Descombes
- Broadcaster: Ushuaia TV, RMC Découverte, Ici Explora
- List of episodes
- 1. Costa Rica: How to cure with...
- 2. Polynesia: Unique underwater
- 3. Alberta: following dinosaurs
- 4. Iceland: Climate, what impact...
- 5. Hawaii: Earth's twin sister
- 6. Chili: Looking for life on Mars
- 7. Tasmania: Save the Tasmanian...
- 8. Ontario: Dark side to the univers
- 9. Vietnam: feeding 9 billion people
- 10. Reunion Island: Volcanos